Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Well hello... I didn't see you there. Thanks for stopping by here for the first posting on my brand spanking new blog, 'My Change in Korea Path'. Terrible pun I know, but it will have to do. As I write this I am not yet in Korea, but almost. Today I booked my flight to Seoul and 2 days ago, after many months of seemingly endless documentation and generally nonsensical bureacracy I collected my work visa which entitles me to hang out in their country for a year.

At this point I should probably state why I am writing this blog. Well for one, moving to South Korea for a year is unlike anything I have undertaken before. If anything I would like to document these new experiences for my own benefit... looking back at this blog years from now will make entertaining reading, if just for me. Secondly, by writing this blog I can keep those of you who already know me up to date with my Asian adventure. Having hung out with many of you at university for the past four years I think that this is a great way for me to let you know how I’m doing and hopefully show you that I have not sobered up yet. I hope you enjoy reading this... and implore you to come visit me if you get a chance. For those of you who don’t know me... hello. If you are a fellow English teacher in Korea or plan on becoming one in the future I would love to hear from you. If you’'re not quite sure how you got here you'’re free to leave. If you'’re Korean, hello to you to. I look forward to calling your country home for the next year.

1 comment:

  1. im not quite sure how i got here - im going to leave now...

    ReplyDelete